Sunday, July 10, 2016

Day 1 of Colorful Treats

Hello and Happy July! Time for another countdown with Papertrey Ink and I have a few little things to share. I've got a new stamp set called Colorful Treats to show you. It's a collection of five detailed dessert images with matching sentiments. Super fun. Who doesn't like treats?



I'm showing you the sprinkled waffle cone filled with soft serve today. Anybody else craving ice cream? I colored it in pastel shades. A lot of the new colors we have the shop work really well with an ice cream theme. Here I used Pale Peony and Mint Julep. The ice cream cone is framed with one of my favorite products, the Scrolled Cover Plate. It is mostly cut out of Mint Julep cardstock and mounted on a Mint Julep card base. I was cleaning off my desk the other day and found the inner burst frame in Stamper's Select White in the mess. Decided to add it to this card, right on top of the frame. Perfect!

The sentiment is really a personal motto. Anytime, anywhere. Let's stop for ice cream. Oh man, especially this time of year. It's stamped on this amazing frame from Betsy's Paper Clipping Birthday Detail Die set.

I never lived anywhere near my grandparents. But I often got ice cream money in the mail from them. .I think I need to put a five in this card and send to my niece in Baltimore just to keep the tradition alive.

That's it from me. I'll be back tomorrow with another card using Colorful Treats. More projects and inspiration on Nichole's blog. And Colorful Treats stamps and dies will be available at July 15th at 10 PM EST at www.papertreyink.com if you want to add it to your collection. It's a fun one!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my yummy goodness! Adore this ice cream cone! Look at those sprinkles. Must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erin! This ice cream cone is beautifully designed. It brings all kinds of fun summer memories to mind...and makes me want to indulge in a double-scoop cone! Love the sentiment, too. I can't wait to color this one up and add some sprinkles and sparkle. I'm going to need an ice cream cone stitching project to go with this...hint...hint...so I can send out cool cone gift certificates and treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh how perfect is that cover plate die behind your delicious chocolate ice-cream cone! LOVE the on and the sentiment too :-) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree Erin that ice cream is good anytime. Your pretty frame really enhances your delicious waffle cone, and Mint Julep sounds like a new flavor of ice cream. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erin your card is so wonderful! This set is coming home with me for sure! Ice cream is good all the time!

    ReplyDelete