Sunday, June 12, 2016

Need for Speed Day 3 and New Stitching Dies

Group post day for the June Papertrey Ink Release and it's all about transportation! In addition to my Need for Speed set, On the Road Die, and Nichole's Road Signs stamp sets, I've got dies to make felt cars and trucks to round out the collection! So adorable! Perfect for the little kids in your life.



As you can see, the new Stitched Car and Stitched Truck dies are full of wonderful detail. Great for toys, mobiles, ornaments, and a Hoop-la project.

Funny story. I originally had a Tropical Teal car. It is the one I demo in the how-to video below. Well, Sully had been watching all this felt vehicle assembly with a great deal of interest. Wanted to know when he could have them. Told him more than once that I needed to photograph them first.

Well, I go to photograph them and that Tropical Teal car is gone. I spend two hours tearing this house apart looking for it. I did everything I could think of to get the kid to confess. Nothin'. He's had nothin' to tell me. So, I  had to make the Royal Velvet car this past Sunday afternoon. I wasn't too happy about it, but at least I got to watch a movie while I steamed on the couch.

As for that Tropical Teal car...still hasn't shown up a week later. Maybe Sully took it and forgot where he left it. Or maybe one of the cats took off with it. In any case...these little toys were a big hit here. They might well be at your house too.



Here's a close up of the Stitched Car. A little tip. I think using a gray floss on black floss I find the black floss on black felt makes things tough to see when stitching things up.


Here's a handy reference sheet to guide you in the cutting process for the Stitched Car. 






Next to Hot Wheels, Sully does have another love in his life. We recently got a new truck for all our camping adventures. He loves it! Sully and I took "Big Red" joyriding the other day after preschool pick-up. This kid was having the time of his life! When you are almost four, a ride in a pick up truck to Noodles and Co. with mom is all that and a bag of chips. So of course, I had to make him a Big Red of his very own out of Pure Poppy felt. 




And here's a shot of the Stitched Truck. This one has enough room along the truck bed to personalize with a shorter name or word. I used the Tiny Stitched Alphabet Die to squeeze Sully's name in. You might have room for a sixth letter if you really squeeze them together.

I put together a video to show you how the Stitched Car goes together. The Stitched Truck is the exact same construction, so refer this video for those how-tos as well.


I'm actually coming back today from a little weekend trip. I'm not sure if I'll have internet where I am going (and I actually try to avoid it a bit). This video is set to unlisted and will switched by Nichole to public this morning. Not sure if the embed video link will work here on my blog with that switcheroo. So if it isn't showing up here, check out Nichole's blog for it. And I'll fix everything this afternoon when I have a chance. 




Moving on to some Need for Speed cards. I created a subtle race car with Classic Kraft, Dark Chocolate, and Scarlet Jewel ink. It's on a track made out of the Rainbow Stripes Die (a fav of mine) in tones of Canyon Clay, Americana, and Scarlet Jewel. The sentiment is from Need from Speed as well. 



And I though with all these masculine cards zooming around today, a pink card for a lady would be a nice change of pace. I mean...I like to drive, don't you? I'm totally killing it with coolness in my mini-van, let me tell ya. (I'll take Big Red any day of the week.) So I created this pink race car zooming across this card with a sentiment from Need for Speed that can be much appreciated by both genders. I also used the stop sign from Nichole's Road Signs to tie it all together. Love it. Who says you have to use traditional color palettes? Go off roading a bit with something not typical.

Here's a quick video I put together with a few stamping tips and tricks for Need for Speed.


That's it for me. I hope you enjoy all this four wheelin' fun. Everything is a big hit at my house with my little boy. And even my rather jaded husband was impressed. That's saying somethin'. 

Check out more inspiration from the whole team over at Nichole's blog. All these new products will be available 6/15/16 at www.papertreyink.com at 10 PM EST.  Can't wait to see it myself.

Supplies

Stitched Cars and Trucks
Dies: Stitched Car, Stitched Truck, Stitched Tiny Alphabet
Felt: Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Royal Velvet, True Black, Aqua Mist

Classic Car Card
Stamps: Need for Speed
Dies: Need for Speed and Rainbow Stripe
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Scarlet Jewel, Classic Kraft
Paper: Classic Kraft, Canyon Clay, Americana, Scarlet Jewel, Vintage Cream

Stop Card
Stamps: Need for Speed, Road Sign
Dies: Need for Speed, Road Sign, Four Square
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Aqua Mist, Stamper's Select White
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow, True Black





8 comments:

  1. I so don't care about cars, BUT HOLY SMOKES! Erin, your designs looked inspired at a glance, but the sophistication of these road sets, and the brilliant use of them with formerly released sets, boggles the mind. (One of my favorite images from the sets, are the tire tracks.) I can imagine an entire floor activity/game being constructed using these elements.

    I was thinking that there would not be anything in the "cars" release that I would use, but the road signs are perfect even for non-car enthusiasts. These sets should be a run away success. Your creativity and design sensibilities are off the charts (maps) with this one. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so wonderful as we have boys and men in our family with the need for speed. Thanks for these ideas cant wait to buy the stamps and dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your projects, however, your Sully story about the lost teal car tickled me...sometimes I think I'm alone in the world when those things happen to me...keep on truckin' !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of just leaving this blank because I'm speechless!!! WOW! 3D felt cars? I have a 10, 6, and 6 week boys. These are definitely going to get a workout. Can't wait to stitch a car on a onesize. Maybe a tire on the booties to go with it. Thank you Erin!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Erin,

    INCREDIBLE STITCHING, WAY TO GO!!!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love love IT!!! such a great stamp set...love your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your stitching dies! And what a great idea for little boys gifts - Love it!

    ReplyDelete